Comment on page
Why is there a warning on my customer's subscription?
A warning on a customer's subscription under "Upcoming transaction" can be due to a variety of reasons.
Warnings will appear on individual subscription table rows.
Warnings will also appear in a modal when you open the "Subscriptions" table. This modal can be snoozed, but will re-appear each time the page is re-visited until all the errors are fixed.
A warning symbol ⚠️ on a customer's subscription appears whenever a subscription order has not been successfully generated 45 minutes or more after an upcoming transaction was scheduled to occur.
The failure of the upcoming transaction can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
- 1.Required phone number is missing
- 2.A variant in the subscription was deleted in Shopify
- 3.The subscription contains an invalid discount code
- 4.The shipping address for the subscription is invalid
A warning can also appear if subscription billing is temporarily delayed, in which case merchants will receive a prompt outage notification from the Smartrr team.
- 1.Confirm you have not updated your Shopify settings to require a phone number for all orders
- 2.Confirm you have not deleted any products/variants in Shopify
- 3.Confirm you have not switched a product from "Default variant" to another variant
- 4.Confirm any applicable subscription discount codes are valid
- 5.Confirm the shipping address for the subscription is valid
If you have completed all troubleshooting steps outlined above and the warning still appears, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email [email protected] to manually resync the subscription.
Tip: To check your store's Shopify settings on requiring a phone number for orders, navigate to Settings > Checkout and scroll to Shipping address phone number. We recommend this be set to either or Don't include or Optional. If set to Required, than all previously purchased customer subscriptions without a phone number will fail to process.