How do I set up email subscription notifications?
Keep your customers in the know about their upcoming subscription orders with customizable email notifications.
You are able to send email notifications through Smartrr based on specific billing events. The available email notifications are:
- New Subscription Created – New Customer: Sent when a new subscription order is created for a customer who does not have a customer account.
- New Subscription Created – Existing Customer: Sent when a new subscription order is created for a customer who already has a customer account.
- Subscription Payment Failed: Sent when a payment method for a subscription fails, prompting customer to update payment method.
- Subscription Paused: Sent when a subscription order has been paused.
- Subscription Reactivated: Sent when a subscription order has been reactivated.
- Subscription Canceled: Sent when a subscription order has been canceled.
- Upcoming Subscription: Email sent in advance of a recurring subscription order being placed.
- Payment expiration notice: Sent one month before a customer’s credit card is set to expire and is being used for a recurring subscription.
- Item out of stock: Sent when a customer’s subscription has an item has gone out of stock.
- Gifted Subscription – Created Notification: Sent to gifter as confirmation that a subscription gift has been scheduled.
- Gift subscription shipped - Gifter: Sent to gifter when a gifted subscription order has been shipped.
- Gift subscription shipped - Giftee: Sent to the giftee when a gifted subscription order has been shipped along with gift message.
- Maximum cycles reached: Sent when a finite subscription has reached the maximum number of billing cycles, prompting the customer to renew their subscription. (COMING SOON)
Navigate to Customer Notifications under CONFIGURATION in the left-hand menu.
Click on Customize defaults to globally add a logo and change color schemes for default email templates.
- Enable email header / footer: Injects a standard header and footer across all emailsReset default styles. Enable to add a JPEG or PNG logo across all emails. Footer information is pulled directly from your store's Shopify contact information.
- Reset default styles: When pressed, resets all header / footer, and color settings for all default email templates.
- Colors: Changes background colors, primary text color, button color, and button text color for all email templates. Note: Secondary text color will only be visible in the footer when "Enable email header / footer" is toggled ON.
<%- subscription.VARIABLE %>
<%- subscription.lines.VARIABLE %>
<%- customer.VARIABLE %>
<%- note %>
<%- to.VARIABLE %>
<%- from.VARIABLE %>
<%- outOfStockItem.VARIABLE %>